Watch the setup video below and read through the following FAQ before contacting customer service with your inquiries.
Most questions about the OYO Personal Gym PRO are answered here. Looking for the OYO Coaching App FAQ? Click here. If you can’t find the information you are looking for here, we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
- The 10lb FlexPack has to be attached first to the OYO Personal Gym unit. The 5lb won’t fit.
- Make sure the OYO Personal Gym is fully open and the cables taut. In the video below, Nick demonstrates some tips on how to do this easily.
- Make sure the FlexPack is being pushed in flush. All the FlexPack teeth should enter at the same time.
- Press the FlexPack in with the heal of your hand at the center. It helps with alignment and makes sure you’re putting in the right amount of pressure.
Also, one other thing to note: if you look at the FlexPack or OYO Personal Gym unit, you’ll notice that one of the teeth/grooves is flat and different than the others. This is by design and makes sure the FlexPack is entering at the right position.
Still having trouble attaching/detaching FlexPacks? A small amount of lubricant can be applied to the metal teeth on the FlexPacks.
The FlexPacks can be difficult to take off, especially before you get used to it. Here are a couple of tricks:
- Only take off the top most FlexPack at a time.
- Make sure you are rotating clockwise — you should feel the FlexPack slightly lift off the other next FlexPack or base unit as you turn.
- Anchor the unit against your body — I hold the DoubleFlex with the FlexPacks facing out. My left hand is holding a handle & the other handle is between my right bicep & torso. I then remove the FlexPack off with my right hand.
- “Peal” the FlexPack off from the bottom — assuming you are taking it off with your right hand: rotate the FlexPack as far as you can (you’ll feel it pull away) counterclockwise and then rotate your hand so your palm faces up (pushing in with your pinky & pulling away with your thumb).
- Butter Knife and a friend — if the above still doesn’t work, grab a butter knife and a friend. Have one person twist the two FlexPacks so that they begin to separate. As they do, insert the butter knife into the gap and twist so that the butter knife applies force to help with separation.
Check out this video below which gives better instructions. Sometimes it’s easier to see it done.
All PRO units leave the factory charged, but a variety of factors affect the battery life of the unit when you receive it. Units may come fully charged and are ready to use right out of the box, but since we can’t guarantee this, we recommend taking time to charge so your first workout isn’t interrupted
We recommend charging the PRO for 4 hours every 1-2 weeks to make sure it is fully charged when you want your workout.
Here’s a screenshot of the Let’s Get Connected screen:
Your PRO will indicate that it’s connected to the Coaching App by the green LED light at the bottom going from flashing to solidly lit.
If this does not happen from the PRO Connection Screen, you may be encountering one of a few problems. Here is a Troubleshooting list:
Check your PRO is awake indicated by the green LED flashing at the bottom.
- Shake your PRO — if the LED isn’t flashing, shake your PRO hard to wake it up. The green LED will begin to flash when awake.
- Plug in your PRO — if the green LED doesn’t start flashing when you shake it, then it may be in deep sleep mode. Plug in your PRO unit with micro-USB cable (included) to the bottom of your PRO with either a computer or wall socket.
Make sure you have a PRO unit selected.
- See the FAQ question “How do I change the type of DoubleFlex / Personal Gym unit linked to my Coaching App?”
- Make sure you have “OYO Personal Gym PRO” selected
Please do all of the above prior to contacting customer support. When reaching out to customer support please tell them explicitly that you have done these steps or else they will instruct you to this FAQ. Our app customer support email is: [email protected].